Frequently Asked Questions
1) On which platforms FRAMES-2 is running
FRAMES-2 software is available on all windows platforms.
The core DLL (dynamic linked libraries) are provided
into the installation package and are located into
the same directory than the executable. This means
that the executables are self-runnable, from a platform
to another. However, at the end of the DLL calling
chain, a platform dependant DLL (such as run32.dll)
is called by the software. This means that some bugs
are platform dependent (ex : memory management are
differents between Windows 2000 and Windows XP).
The installation program
is platform dependent. Actually, the available platforms
are Windows NT, XP and 2000.
2) How can I install a full version from the
executable downloaded here ?
All the installation executables delivered on this
website are normal zip files. For full
versions, installation process runs over two steps:
step consists in extracting the installation program
into the default directory which is set to the
This directory can be changed before unzipping the
installation files. Please, note the directory
in order to launch
manually the 'setup.exe' file when extracted.
- The second step consists in running the 'setup.exe'
executable located into the extracted directory.
Follow the installation instructions provided
by this 'setup.exe'.
Note1: you must uninstall all the beta versions
before installing a full version (for instance all
1.4.x beta versions).
Note2 : you don't need to install any older FRAMES-2
version before installing a full version (for instance
: you don't need to uninstall previous version. Installation program will
install the new release into a different directory,
to the release identifier.
3) How can I uninstall FRAMES-2
To uninstall all FRAMES-2 full and patched versions, do the
- Remove all created databases, including the FRAMES database
- From the START menu, choose settings/control panel.
- Execute Add/Remove Programs in control panel.
- Click on FRAMES-2 in the list of programs.
- Click the Add/Remove button.
- Answer 'Yes' to any "Are You Sure" questions.
- Remove manualy the %ProgramFiles%\ESA\FRAMES2V150 root
Note 1: When removing a patched version, the set of updated
files (unzipped from the patch) are not removed. Because the
Installshield uninstallation program creates a list of files
to remove, the added files are not recognised. To uninstall
the patched files, remove the FRAMES2V1xx directory manualy.
Submit a question